Hymamshu Jyothi Kala Peetha is an institution situated in Malleshwaram. Its inception dates back to 1942 as "Hymamshu Shishu Vihar".
Hymamshu Shishuvihar was established in memory of "Hymamshu" born to Sri M. L. Sreenivasa Sastry and Smt. M. S. Sundaramma. The void created by his being snatched away at the tender age of 3 years left the Shastry couple plunged in sorrow. Persuasion from educationists like Dr. M. V. Gopalaswamy of University of Mysore, B. Sundareswara of National Education Society, H. Yoganarasimha of Department of Public Instruction, Smt. Saraswathamma, Smt. Kalyanamma and many more inspired the Shastry couple to start a kindergarten to serve the cause of child education.
Sri S R Swamy was deputed to be trained by Dr. Maria Montessori who was conducting a training course organized by the Association Montessori Internationale at Kodaikanal during 1942. Gradually, a full fledged Montessori House of Children came into existence from 1967.Smt. Chithra A Rao, the Managing Director of the school was the first student of Hymamshu Shishuvihar. Dr. B. V. A. Rao, educationist, President of the Governing Council and Member, Hymamshu Educational Trust is also the Chairman of the Indian Montessori Centre.