Angel’s Public School was established in 1992 with the aim of preparing the children academically and morally to face the challenges of the changing world standing on the threshold of the 21st century. Angel’s Public School is located at Mamun on the Pathankot, Dalhousie Road. The school premises are in a peaceful picturesque and fascinating site. The spacious and modern building of the school heralds welcome to entrants owing to its majestic structure. The school is being run by trained and highly experienced Principal and staff under the expert and able guidance of Colonel Man Singh, the director and founder of the school. The C.B.S.E. wide affiliation No: 16492. Angel’s Convent School and Angel’s Public School are apparatus & modern teaching aids such as classroom projector, colored television, VCR & cassette record player, etc. It provides quality education in healthy pollution free and natural surroundings. The school has its own fun electricity train, swimming pool, etc, to encourage the children.
Pre Primary Curriculum:
- Knowing that the child’s brain develops to its maximum capacity in the first five years Angel’s public school gives the kindergarten children opportunities to help them develop their creative thinking process. In a nutshell the syllabus for pre primary includes conversation, nursery rhymes with actions, picture recognition of various objects, activity based learning through video cassettes.
- Written work for nursery children includes basic strokes like sleeping lines, standing lines, unslanting lines, recognition of alphabets in the order of the letters of the English alphabet through pictures, charts, books various objects.
- LKG syllabus aims at enhancing the multi-dimensional development of the child. The objective is to make the child independent, friendly, sociable and confident. The teaching subjects include English, Mathematics, Hindi and General awareness. Stress will be more on phonetic sounds, conversation topics, pictures words rhymes with actions, mathematic includes counting from 1 to 100, number names, recognition of shapes, concept of more and less, bigger and smaller. Stress on Hindi includes Varnamla (Maukhik aur likhit), Do akshar shabdon ka gyan, chitra dekhkar akshar likho, saptaah ke din (maukhik), phal aur sabziyon ke naam (maukhik), rang aur janwron ke naam (maukhik)
- UKG is a stage of overall preparation to take on different subjects. Reading writing and number work are taught in a play way method and in the form of dramatized stories. The main attraction for our little Angel’s includes Electric Toy Train and swimming pool.
- Primary curriculum (Class 1st to 5th) includes a wide range of subjects divided in the form of four unit terms. Half yearly assessment will be taken in the midterm and final assessment at the end of the session in the month of March.
- Middle school curriculum (Class 1st to 8th) includes subjects prescribed by CBSE divided in the form of three terms. Half yearly assessment will be in the mid session and final assessment in the month of March.
- Curriculum for High school (9th & 10th) is designed strictly as per CBSE. Assessments will be in the form of weekly tests, assignments, term tests, half yearly examinations and final examination for class 9th. Class 10th students are required to appear for two pre board examinations in the month of Dec and Jan respectively.