About COMEDK PGET:
The Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association, in their endeavour to offer an effective, fair and objective testing procedure to determine merit of students seeking admission to the member institutions, have formed “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK). COMEDK has been assigned the task of organising a common entrance test for the academic year 2014-2015, for Indian national candidates aspiring to pursue Post Graduate Courses in Medicine and Dentistry in the state of Karnataka, in Member Institutions of the Consortium (Medical and Dental Colleges).
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students seeking admissions to the undergraduate courses in the Member Institutions of the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF) in its endeavor to offer an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure. There are 12 Medical, 19 Dental colleges who make available almost 600 seats for admission. COMEDK has been assigned the task of organizing a Common Entrance Test for the academic year 2014-2015.
Post Graduate Medical & Dental Programs:
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Dermatology & STD
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Radio - Diagnosis/Radiology
- Radio - Therapy
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Public Health Dentistry
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Clinical Pathology
- Forensic Medicine
- Public Health
- Child Health
- Venerology & Dermatology
- Psychiatric Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Oral Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry
Degree / Diploma Programs:
- Applicants must meet all requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI. Accordingly, they should have successfully passed their M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. from an institution recognized by MCI / DCI, and must have completed or completing their internship by 30/04/2014 at the latest.
- As per the Existing Post Graduate Regulation of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the Entrance Test (COMEDK PGET-2014) for eligibility and admission to Post Graduate Courses shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State only.
- Every student, selected for admission to the Post Graduate Medical / Dental course in any of the Medical / Dental institutions in the country, must possess recognized M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent registration with the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, or any of the State Medical / Dental Council or should obtain the same within one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.
- In the case of an Indian national with the recognized degree from Foreign University, the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for the registration, grant temporary/permanent registration for the duration of the Post Graduate training restricted to the college / institution to which the applicant is admitted for the time being exclusively for Post Graduate studies. Temporary/Permanent registration to such candidates shall be subject to the condition that the degree is duly registered in the country where the degree is obtained and is recognized by the corresponding Council or concerned authority in India also.
Note: Only Candidates who are due to complete the internship on or before 30/04/2014 are eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared for COMEDK PGET during the last three years and selected a clinical PG Degree Seat (Medical/Dental) and got admitted to any of the COMEDK Member Institutions are NOT allowed to appear for COMEDK PGET-2014.
- Candidates who have been debarred by COMEDK during the previous years are NOT allowed to appear for COMEDK PGET-2014.
Start date for issue of Online Application: 22nd November, 2013
Last date for Receipt of Completed Application Forms: 3rd January, 2014
Uploading of Online Test Admission Ticket in the COMEDK website: 16th January, 2014
COMEDK PGET -2014 Test Day: 2nd February, 2014
The COMEDK entrance test, COMEDK PGET, will be held in Bangalore city only
For More Admission Related Queries,
Mobile: 0120- 4165014, 09811626380